Mark's Carnivore Experiment
22nd September, 2019
See Day 1 for why I'm doing this.
Some people have been recommending that I should avoid snacking and try lots of food in one go, so today I decided to try having just one large meal.
- Weight: 85.3 kg (188 pounds)
- Waist: 98 cm (38.5 in.)
- Body fat: 22%
- Blood sugar level: 4.2 mmol/L
- Ketones: 4.0 mmol/L (Moderate)
- Feeling: Absolutely great.
Skipping breakfast made me pretty hungry by midday so I decided on a massive lunch.
- 1 beef steak and bone marrow burger (186g)
- 420g Bavette steak (0.92 pounds)
- 2 large fried eggs
- 90g Smoked salmon
I felt very sleepy after that huge meal and actually went and had a half hour nap lol. Didn't feel hungry for the rest of the day which is strange because I only ate 1578 calories.
Some things I'm still not getting right:
- Not eating enough fat
- I'm probably starting to get vitamin deficient because I'm not eating enough oily fish and liver.
- Need to do some strength training at home
Let me know if you have any suggestions.